OPEN for Business, Limited Programme!
Subject to government guidelines..
Swing Dance Mk is able to open it’s doors to welcome back dancers – albeit in a limited way!
Firstly we are taking this step very cautiously and seriously and working with the venues to ensure that we can make our classes as safe as possible.
THE SERIOUS STUFF (Covid 19)
NB Once you have expressed an interest via email a fuller list of guidelines will be sent as link.
Please be aware that we may need to cancel our plans at any time. If this happens then you will be entitled to a full refund or you can keep your places secure for a time when it is safe to start the classes.
We know that our dancers will apply the ‘common sense’ code that will help us all stay safe. However, there will also be strict rules which EVERYONE must adhere to and venue specific guidance will be communicated via email to dancers who have booked.
Our generic rules are as follows and this list is subject to change at any time.
Payment will need to be made in advance and in full. You can make payments in the following ways:
- By transfer to Swing Dance MK: 09-01-28 94663117 and quote your venue LHH or SH
- By Paypal by using this link here again using the venue name as a reference.
Our generic rules are as follows and this list is subject to change at any time. There will also be venue guidance which will go out to you by email with your confirmation.
Dancers attend classes at their own risk. We can mitigate the risk of Covid 19 to a certain extent but not eradicate it completely so consider your individual situation carefully before booking.
- Dancers that do not live together must attempt to keep 2 metres away from other dancers at all times. This included in the car park and entry to the venue.
- Only dancers from the same household may dance together. There will be practice time.
- Please bring a mask. Masks must be worn BUT there will be breaks outside the building when masks can be removed. We may find that wearing masks while dancing energetically is not practical. If so we will take a common sense view and during all low key parts of the learning process ask that masks are worn.
- Teachers will be teaching solo unless teaching with someone in the same household. This will mean that delivery may be more challenging at times. Please be patient and supportive.
- Hand washing before, on arrival, during and after will be mandatory.
- Dancers will attend classes at their own risk. We can mitigate the risk of Covid 19 to a certain extent but not eradicate it completely so consider your individual situation carefully before booking. Once booked we will assume that you have taken the risk into consideration and are happy to go ahead.
- Those who are in the ‘shielding’ category should consider their individual circumstances, including those of their household, very carefully before booking!
- If you feel unwell for any reason you MUST stay at home. If you arrive appearing unwell you will be asked respectfully to leave us but your place will remain open for when you are better and can return. There will be no refund and you will be encouraged to follow or catch up via zoom or Facebook video.
- Please bring all your own refreshments in a labelled container.
- Where and when possible classes will be filmed and made available via Zoom for people to join in at home and there will be a charge for this (see below). Please let your teacher know if you would prefer not to be filmed.
- Dancers will be given a position to stand in during their class and must use the same position each week. Familiarity of orientation will enable dancers to keep within their space and should we have someone test positive we will know who has been dancing closest to them for track and trace officials.
- ONLY the teacher, a ‘necessary’ assistant if applicable ie for Zoom Filming, and paying students will be able to attend. Sorry, no hosts or spectators.
Finally, please be patient as we find our ‘new normal’. We are ‘feeling’ our way to finding a balance between safety and opportunity for those that wish to get back to dancing. Everything is subject to new guidelines due to the nature of our situation and we are learning as we go along. So please prepare for plans to change or be delayed. Thank you!
Once booked we will assume that you have taken the risk into consideration and are happy to go ahead
If you feel unwell for any reason you MUST stay at home. If you arrive appearing unwell you will be asked respectfully to leave us but your place will remain open for when you are better and can return. Sorry a refund is not available.
All dancers must endeavor to keep the ‘2 metre rule’ at all times; even during arrival, breaks and car park chats!
Please bring your own refreshments in a labelled container.
Where and when possible classes will be filmed and made availabe via Zoom for people to join in at home and there will be a charge for this.
Finally, please be patient as we find our ‘new normal’. We are ‘feeling’ our way to finding a balance between safety and opportunity for those that wish to to get back to dancing, and to create an income for the business and our teachers. Everything is subject to new guidelines due to the nature of our situation and we are learning as we go along. So please prepare for some plans to change and stay tuned. Thank you!
NOW THE FUN STUFF
Lindy Hop Heaven OPENS 7.30-10pm for two nights (but possibly more) with Andy Fleming on 4th and 11th August. Andy will be teaching a solo jazz routine called The Tranky Doo. It is a very popular routine and great fun to learn and dance. If your a beginner, be prepared to feel a bit overwhelmed but don’t let that worry you – there will be video to help you practice at home.
£36 per person for both weeks. Maximum places available based on venue size: 12
If you wish to book NOW, please contact Sandy by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sugar Hill will open 7.30-10pm every Thursday evening in August starting on 6th August. Sandy will be delivering a 4 week intensive Lindy Hop course for those who need to review, recap (don’t we all) and refine technique. Material will be focussed on the principles of connection, rhythm and core sequences using both 8 and 6 counts.
There will be solo practice as part of the class.
Time will be taken to offer each couple indiviual goals and practice. Suitable for new beginners and up.
£50 per person for 4 weeks tuition. Maximum places available: 16 TBC
£x* per person via Zoom for 4 weeks tuition, a link will be sent to you via email once your payment has been received.
You MUST book with a partner that you live with or find a consenting partner to dance with and sign the appropriate disclaimer. There will be strictly NO partner rotation.
If you would like to book now email Sandy at email@example.com